dinsdag 9 mei 2023

Your churches are burning, your pews are emptying

 

Did you come here to tell me your story?

Did you come here to tell me how mine will end?

Cause honestly, I have heard it all before,

And I'm so very tired of the demands.


Did you come here with your explanations?

I'm so very tired of the space you take,

And I find myself beyond done

With the destruction you leave in your wake.


Break your heart down, it’s time.

The world doesn’t revolve around you, 

You’re not the bottomline.


You’re not the centre of it all.

Breaking down the spirit of people

Who were already falling.


Falling with the splinters of life.

But here you come, 

Ready to twist the knife

Again.


God, something I wish I wasn’t me.


Do not fold your hands in supplication for me.

I want to be the lost cause and that’s ok.

But you force yourself down my throat and I choke,

I am at the end of my rope and the edges fray.


Always a prayer away from what you call your love.

The burning down of everything I want.

Ever wondered why your churches are burning?

Emptying on the sound of boots stamping nonchalantly.


This is not the way to get them to come back.

You can not get an audience

By becoming more of what you lacked.


Grow on your own dime,

Not on my time.

You have no claim 

On what's mine.

I unpolitely decline.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten