zondag 3 mei 2020

My body is political

My body is not just a large body
It's not allowed to take up space
Especially because it stays in bed
Resting my days away

But my body is a fat body
You remind me with your facefall
You blame it for my disabilities
You blame it for it all

My body is a fat disabled female body
And therefor not seen as my own
You think I clearly can't make decisions
Even though you don't know

My medical history
The medications that see to me
All the doctors that I see
How you don't even know me

Fuck, my body is a political body
You see it as inherently so
So I am going to choose to make it a statement
That I will rightfully own

While you hate upon my body
This flesh I wander in
I will make you see what I am
Down to the last of my chins

Cause my nonbinary gorgeous body
Is not a debat you should be winning
And if you don't stop pointing at me
I will break your fucking finger

My body is about who I love
Every gender and then myself
So yes I might often be resting my life
But I won't let myself be shelved

My body is so fucking political
I benefit from my white face
We are going to keep having that difficult
Conversation about race

And sometimes I fight a bit harsher
And sometimes I fight a bit tender
And sometimes I fight a bit slower
And sometimes I am a resting empathy fighter

But my body is always political
It's always on someone's tongue
They don't even eat me
While I have been there for so long

My body is a body
But it's also labels I won't deny
My body is political
And therefore so am I

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten