vrijdag 22 maart 2013

Opression

This is not my home anymore.
Man in suits are taking measurements
Like spiders weaving their web.
They call me a freak,
Because I don't want their money,
Because I just want to be safe.
Does that make me a liar?

This was once the land I walked on
With bare feet and a head risen with pride.
Now I am watching trees fall to the ground,
Crying their bitter tears.

The tv is our background noise,
Because we need something to drown in.
Our eyes are closed and our minds corrupted.
You are not the only one
Who leads a life worth living.
But don't worry,
The dirts is covering your tracks.

An eagle flies over,
His feathers glistening in the moonlight,
In his paws she holds
The chains of freedom.
I smoke a cigar because they said I should like it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten