maandag 18 maart 2013

The power

I think that I love you
In all of the old ways,
I am in love
With you
Once more.
I am not
Without blisters
From the last time we were burning,
But I am ready to face the fire
Again.

Once I was drowning
With your hand
To keep me afloat.
It is hard to be stuck in your head.
Love turned into a battle
And life
Kept tricking me
Into believing
That it was not there anymore.
But it always was.

It was there in your hands,
and the way I held you.
It was the kiss between
your lips
And mine.
It was there
To battle my demons.
My passions,
Your power
Were equally shared between our hearts.
It never went away.

You are starting to lift the veil
Before my weary eyes
And I feel strong
Once more.
Slowly,
So very very slowly
I am growing
But not without fear.
Yes I am still afraid.
Maybe I will always be.
But I rather fear while I love
Than fear being loved.
The lonely road is not mine to take.
Take me with you.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten