maandag 11 maart 2013

Tethered

It is not a revelation
I know you better than I know myself
I have seen how you hurt
Enough to put your dreams back on the shelf

And it is not a revelation
That sometimes you are too tired to fight
I have seen how you hurt
Enough to leave yourself completely denied

You are your worst enemy
Sometimes you are just like me

And you carried yourself on broken wings
Just to let the world know you have tried
You still don't know how it is to be alive

I wish I did not understand
Why you given up trying a long time ago
The years all slipped away
And it left you with nothing to show

We have been here before
I read all the notes that you had left
You smile your broken glory
And tell me that your mind is set

And you carried yourself on broken wings
So you could claim life has beaten you down
You still don't know how to rise from the ground

And you carried yourself on broken wings
Never putting down the burden in front of you
Sometimes wishing death would find you soon

You are tethered to yourself
You are tethered, tethered, tethered to yourself

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten