woensdag 6 maart 2013

The hunt

(Don't look me in the eyes)

I remember....

I remember a day when I was not broken
By the continuous strain on my little hands
You called yourself a god
And try to take the lands
I called
My own

You saw with jealousy and declared a war
I fought with valour, you fought without pride
Just so you would win
And beat down all the fight
I had
Within me

But my resistance is not gone
I keep on pulling myself from the floor
And now it's my turn
To take back what had shattered before

I hunt you down with ease
I hunt you down vigorously
I am the shadow that nobody sees
I am the shadow....

And when I found you
You never saw me coming
You thought that I fell too
For your little lies

How do you like the roles in reverse
How do you like me, twisted and perverse

How do you like it, suddenly being aware
How do you like my screaming massacre

I can feel your heartbeat down my throat
And your blood on my fingertips
Even when I close my eyes
I still taste your name on my lips

It doesn't help to fasten the pace
Crawling back into your corner
I put the images in your mind
Told the child in me how much you hurt her

You tried to sodomize the truth
But it kept rising up from the ash
And now it crept beneath your skin
Turning your heart into a twisted mess

So feed the war if you still want to fight
But cover your scars, you always have something to hide

And one day someone will see
That you are not the person you pretend to be

Didn't you know I already won this?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten