vrijdag 1 maart 2013

A perfect example

I won't tell you what I know
I am not okay
But I don't want it show
Sit in silence
Oh so silent
So very very silent....

Obedient as I was
I followed your every order
All I wanted to do was sound the alarm
And run run run run run
From the hurt
And the shame
The misery
And the pain
Sit here so very silent
Curled up into a ball

But I can't....
(Stay away from me
Stay away from me)

Cause I
I can't satisfy this thirst
I want the kill
I want to feel your neck snap
Your blood on my hands
I need this thrill

The devil am I
Your own little fallen angel
Your eyes so wide
Eyes that are so incredibly blind
Did you have a reason
For why you lied

Behind my eyes
Inside my mind
There's a fire
Burning bright
Behind my eyes
Inside my mind
All consuming power
Remains denied

I'm the predator, I'm the predator, I'm the predator

Iron cuts
Bricks break bones
Wood bleeds you dry
And you don't have any stones

You hide
Behind your faith
You think God might save you
From your own hate

But whatever I had, you had it first
So filled with hunger, so filled with the thirst
But we are not the same

You break, I create
You had power and I have hate
You were king and I am a slave
To the emotions
And I want to create you
Your face my canvas
My fist the pencil to
Paint you over

So point your gun at my temple
You can't take down my church
So get your tongue out my throat
And I will make you a perfect example

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten