vrijdag 15 maart 2013

Insomniac Haze

The whole world sleeps
Under a coat of rain.
A curl of smoke around my face.
I am invisible in the darkness.
I am invisible and strangely sane.
The whole world is shadows,
Not even a star to light my face.
Hear me singing lovesongs
To that night
In my insomniac haze.
Oh how wonderful!
I kiss the night
With his dry, chafed lips.
And I watch.
And I cry
And I wish for sleep.
The whole world sleeps
And I dream a dream
Of poetry.

Talk to me
When I am tired
And beaten with rage.
Drowning in coffee,
Talk to me when I am wired.
I will tell you my secrets,
The urges to hard to resist
I will tell you
About the night in my head.
It is you that I missed.
This insomniac haze
Might drown me tomorrow.
I walk the empty rooms
But if you asked it of me
I will follow you.
I slip my skin
And become a new me
Every time.
Until the moment
That I sleep an unbroken sleep
Like how the world sleeps.
And I dream a dream
Of poetry.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten