woensdag 6 januari 2016

Did I?

(Did I ever really tell someone what I needed,
Without being afraid,
Without letting them shut me down,
Without forgetting to really make a stand for myself?)

(Did I ever really tell someone what I need
While actually opening my mouth
And not let them throw me emotions away,
So carelessly,
Cause how does it make me feel?
Cause how ridiculous are those emotions of mine?)

I'm afraid to hurt them,
I'm afraid to switch on the light
On problematic behaviors
I keep it all locked up inside.

I rather sacrifice myself,
Already pained my sanity
Just so others can move around
Careless and harmfree.

Afraid to say what I want,
Afraid to explain my needs.
Just because I know answers
That might set the pain free.

I take it all in stride
And when I do make a stand
I let myself get shut down
And listen to their demands.

You want me to consider what this all does to you,
But are you not forgetting that I have feelings too?

Why I am afraid to hurt but don't keep myself from being hurt?
Stewing away in silence is the one thing hat has nothing cured.
Everytime I protect myself I keep on seeing your posssible pain.
And in the motions that follow I let myself be withered away.

Overpowered I am
And I have always been,
As the weaker one
I am always seen.

Easily persuaded
And ranged in 'fore your wagon.
So you have me battling
Your battles that are left undone.

I just always want to make everything right,
Fighting for everyone has me left too much to fight.

I can't heal every soul on the earth without it killing me.
And I would like to live and have my needs be taken seriously.
Not been thrown away because it does not meet that vision of yours.
If you want to know me, leave your judgment behind the door.

If you want to meet halfway, I'll be waiting for you there.
Not just you, but also my emotions needs me to care.
The person I am is just as important as who you are.
And in the end, my silence has let it come to far.

I'm gonna work on that now,
I'm gonna work on that now,
And never forget me anymore,
And never forget to tell what I need.

I'm gonna work on that now,
For me, and for you
Too.

(Did I ever?
Did I?)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten