woensdag 11 september 2013

Wake up

You are sleeping in silence.
An image for a refined eye.
I am left alone
With my thoughts
And I wonder
If I touch you will I wake you?
I really want to wake you
And I really want to show you
Every piece of who I am,
The person I am becoming,
And I want to show you my creations,
How it makes me create myself.

Sometimes I image
Smoke curling at the corner of your lips
(Even though you never touched a cigarette in your life),
A glass of whiskey in your hand
As we discuss my poetry
From inside dark brown leather chairs.
I want you to do that to me.
Let me open up
And set myself naked before you
So you can see everything of me.

I am my own art,
I am my own creation,
I am in every word you read
From off my skin.
Your eyes will make me feel beautiful,
Your lips will make me feel understood.
I am waiting for you
To enter me and walk around,
Loving me.

I don't want to be alone in this,
The biggest part of who I am.
But in the end you are sleeping next to me
And I still wonder
If I touch you will I wake you?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten