maandag 15 juli 2013

Not my lover

Your face painted a picture of confusion
What was the past and what is the future
And I liked everything that I saw
But it's nothing more than a simple infatuation

You reminded me of him back in the day
When everything was still young and fresh
I never showed what I recognized
The endless probabilities that remained

It's just as easy as I make it sound
I have no trouble with not straying away
These are the places I do not want to go
These are the horses I do not dare to mount

It will grow quickly
And just as quicly
It will fade away
It's just
The price I gotta pay
You're in my mind but not my soul
Is it not rather obvious to see

You're wrong
It's not you, it's him
And I analyzed
The sin
Of falling for you
Just because you were a reminder
Of what used to be fresh

You can't erase me
And I can't erase you
The more I try the less I die
The less I see The more I do

And sometimes I keep on falling for another
Nothing more than a clock in reverse
Moments that pass by being untouched
I don't want to, I don't want to, I don't search
For a hidden meaning behind everything I feel

You're everything like him
But I love him
But I love only him

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten