zondag 13 december 2015

Forgettable

Forgettable

(And I was standing in the tall grass
Surrounded by all those familiar faces
But none of them recognized me
I screamed yet no one could hear it
I touched their shoulders and still nothing
My name erased from the board
As everyone was laughing
I slowly crumbled
Fell into pieces on the ground
Before the seas of confusion drowned me
Turned me into wavering stone
Ready to collapse
Under the weight of the world
Everyone's emotions
But I
I am nobody)

No one sees the woman
In this broken shell
Because she likes to hide
She only walks
The streets at night

When no one watches her
She feels most safe
Behind her dark plastic wall
They can't come
Or notice her at all

For she is the ghost of everything they tried to forget
The pain that caused the madness in her head

Don't leave her for dead when morning comes
Every day she drowns in the ocean of normality
She knows who she is, don't know who she is
But it won't keep her from singing her sad songs

She watched you for days
From a small distance
This girl has her eyes on you
Sees in you a hero
That might save her too

That lonely girl feels forgettable
But sometimes she wonder
If you ever would think of her at all

Don't leave her alone to the voices in her mind
And the fears that keep on hunting her
In the darkest corners of the night,
For all she knows is how life left her behind

I am so afraid that I was her every day of my life
I butchered the memories of me inside my brain
No matter where I look, I keep on being blind
The blood, the bruises, and the double-edged knife

You never would tell that I knew you wanted me to die
So I close my eyes every day that you tried
And forced who you were upon me
And forced yourself upon me
You could never tell that I was the one growing stronger
I could have left my mind and be a total goner
But here dancing inside this madness
I am still here, I am still here, and nothing less
Of a miracle is what I am
You would have been me if you were where I stand
You would have been me
You would have been me

But here I am with my fears and my interpretations
Of what is yet to come, what life has brought me now
And my heart is palpitating inside my chest
A silent morse code to my harsh trepidations

But here I still am with my life still in front of me
Stretched out all the way onto the horizon
And I am going mad with the heartfelt desires
To be the craziest normality that could ever be

No one sees the woman
Who don't care that people see
That she might be broken
And still healing
Just because she can

When no one watches her
They don't get to see
That despite how everything went
She is happy,
She is happy, The End.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten