vrijdag 18 december 2015

Mirror

Staring in the mirror
With no one staring back at me
Can anyone tell me where I have gone to

Staring in the mirror
Am I really there in a reflection
I feel like a fool for once loving you

Eyes fixed to the mirror
I can see myself in distant memories
Already a worn out and beaten out lady

Still gazing in the mirror
Although I want to run and hide
I want to try to see if I can somehow find me

For the nightmare haunt me once again
And I no longer know to take a stand

In the woods where once Snow White was saved
But I'll be punished there for how I once behaved
You had beaten me down but I always tried to get up
I wish I had the strength to walk away and make it stop

I never onced wanted to call me a victim
But I never liked the taste of the word survivor
I still don't know if I really and truly survived this

You have put your face in my reflection
Am I lucky that you can not break what's already broken
To be honest I think life still has me at amiss

So could you just kill me, I feel too sad
Could you at least try and do that

And I will never stop fighting
Even though I might not ever be the one winning
But I have come to far to just fall asleep
I will try cause I am buried so deep

And you took my soul and my heart and my dignity
You took it all with a grin and made me see
The worthless piece of shit you thought I was
Beneath your worth and beneath your class
And as I hang on to my nails right on that edge
I still never recognized that day as my last
But I have fallen and I have fallen deep
On the other side of the mirror, I am asleep

Don't look in the mirror
You won't find me there
I am too dead too even care

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten